Pooja samagri usually consists of an arrangement of sandalwood powder, ghee, flowers, dhoop etc. Every God has their own rituals for particular purposes and these items are steeped in importance for religious work and are hence acquired with religious devotion and dedication. The pooja samagri includes sandal sticks, dhoop made of sandals, rose, jasmine etc, cotton wicks, prayer ingredients such as turmeric, rice, dry fruits, clove, candy sugar, holy water as gulabjal, gangajal. The other main things which are needed in pooja samagri are coconut, camphor, kumkum, betel nut, betel leaf, pure ghee, honey, pooja thali.
Sri Varalakshmi Devathaia Namaha.
The following are the materials required to perform the pooja:
3. Fruits (Banana)
5. Beetle leaves and Nuts
6. Doop sticks or Incense sticks
8. Sandal power
13. Statue or face of Goddess Lakshmi
14. Panchamritham ( Cow milk, cow curd, cow ghee, honey, sugar)
15. Deepam (Gingely oil or ghee)
16. New Cloth
17. New saree and blouse piece
18. Mangalyam ( tie a turmeric piece or a coin of lakshmi in a yellow thread)
19. Jewellary ( If there is any new ornament bought, put it to Lakshmi devi and wear it)
20. Naivedyam 12 varieties with ghee ( can do this as per your capability and wish)
21. kankanam 3 ( 9 knots and for every knot, tie a flower 1 for Lakshmi devi, one for ourselves and one to offer to a married women )
22. Lord Ganesha (Vinakayudu) made with a turmeric powder paste.
23. Stage Use a “Asanam” (A rectangle shape flat wood with two support wood pieces fixed below near to both ends of the flat wood) covered with new cloth. Spread rice and on it, place a silver kalasam (a pot shaped vessel made of silver). In the kalasam, put new rice, mango leaves or beetle leaves. Then place the coconut covered with new blows piece in the shape of a cone. Get it ready for pooja. Also have water in a tumbler with spoon in it.